Regional Energy Agency of Pazardjik
European consumers need to be supported to adopt more sustainable consumption behaviour in their daily life. FIESTA aims to lead families with children to save energy at home, acting both on their energy consumption behavior and on their purchasing decisions. As the need for cooling is a growing issue to be faced urgently, the project focuses on cooling and heating solutions which offer significant domestic saving potential. With the support of 19 partners (5 technical partners and 14 municipalities), FIESTA involves 5 countries with a Mediterranean climate that require extensive use of air conditioning systems such as Italy, Spain, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus. Energy Help Desks will be established in the municipalities providing support and door to door energy audits for families. These will be engaged in the project activities by means of specific actions towards schools, social housing residents, heating and cooling retailers and installers. To attract additional beneficiaries, several FIESTA lotteries will be organized and a consumers' purchasing group will be created to foster families' investments.
Main expected results of the project:
- During the first months of the project FIESTA will realize a comprehensive package of tools essential for the Energy Help Desks' performance (eg a FIESTA Energy Efficiency Guide for Households and a FIESTA Animation (available in 5 different languages).
- FIESTA will train 28 energy advisors.
- FIESTA will establish a total of 14 Energy Help Desks (EHDs) in the participating cities. Their core activity will be performing 2,100 home energy audits (150 energy audits per city). In addition several supporting measures will be developed, including workshops for schools, social housing residents, and for heating and cooling retailers and installers, as well as FIESTA energy efficiency lotteries and local Consumer Purchasing Groups (CPG) agreements.
- Around 700.000 people will be informed about the project and, thanks to the active involvement of a European Association of Municipalities, 3,000 local authorities will be informed about the project and from these, circa 30 local authorities will commit to replicate the FIESTA model.
- Thanks to the home energy audits and other activities developed by the 14 EHDs, cumulative investments in highly energy-efficient heating and cooling system made by households are expected to reach ˆ0,5 M and FIESTA's actions will lead to 328 toe/year in (primary) domestic energy savings, and 1,130 tCO2 reduction of greenhouse gas emissions. FIESTA is also expected to trigger RES production (134 toe/year).