Regional Energy Agency of Pazardjik
Profile of Regional Energy Agency of Pazardjik
The Regional Energy Agency of Pazardjik (REAP) is an association of local authorities from
Pazardzhik Province. It was established under the Intelligent Energy Europe (IEE) Programme with
the support of the Pazardzhik Regional Administration in 2005. Main purpose of REAP is to
encourage the development of sustainable energy through local and regional actions for energy
efficiency (EE), renewable energy sources (RES), and sustainable mobility. The Agency offers
support to local and regional authorities in achieving their objectives and strategic planning for rational use of energy and larger deployment of renewable energies, as well as development of a range of initiatives with other local, regional and
Among main priorities of REAP are: development and implementation of projects in the area of protection of environment, EE, RES, sustainable mobility and climate change issues with a specific view on energy
efficiency in buildings, development of sustainable energy communities, EE and RES in SMEs,
sustainable means of transport and biofuels promotion.
A specific priority of REAP is the biomass use for energy purposes, defined by the big agricultural and forestry potential which exist in Pazardzhik Province.
REAP is an active member of:
Main domain of activities:
- Energy audits of small and medium-sized enterprises (SME), and buildings – residential
- Promotion of EE, RES, and sustainable urban mobility strategies, policies and practices at
local, regional, and national level.
- To foster policies and strategies for sustainable development of rural areas.
- Dissemination of Best European practices in the area of rational use of energy, utilization of RES, sustainable urban mobility, protection of environment, and climate change issues.
- Development, implementation and funding of sustainable energy projects through energy performance contracting involving ESCOs.
- Development, implementation and financing of energy efficiency projects under the third party financing schemes.
- Awareness raising campaigns, and training in the priorities mentioned above.
The sole responsibility for the content of this website lies with the authors. It does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the European Commission. The European Commission is not responsible for any use that may be made of the information contained therein.